What to do when your skin gets a bit too much summer.
You come home with that wonderful vacation glow – the R & R a holiday brings has made you look and feel both healthier and happier. But when your tan starts to fade, it can become instantly clear that your skin has suffered the effects of summer.
Here, the 5 most common post-summer skin worries – and what to do about them.
1. Sunburn: Red, sensitive, irritated...if you’re looking over-baked, you’ll need our S.O.S Emergency Cream, a hydrating moisturizer that saves the day when your skin is sore. For a body soothing treatment, splash 3 capfuls of Skin Nourishing Milk Bath in the tub, making sure the water isn't too hot. It can also be applied directly to the skin as an after sun lotion.
2. Roughness: Sun exposure can cause the skin to lose moisture, leading to dryness followed by a rough, scaly feel. To rectify this, try our new Dynamic Resurfacing Serum. Containing smart, Tri-Enzyme Technology, it releases tiny, encapsulated enzymes that break down proteins and dead cells and reveal smoother, healthier skin beneath.
3. Pigmentation: Sun exposure stimulates the production of melanocytes, which are responsible for producing melanin, the pigment that determines the color and tone of our skin. (That's why we refer to those pesky brown patches as “sun spots.”) According to some experts, taking a vitamin C supplement can help produce Tyrosinase inhibitors – enzymes that block excessive melanin production. Our White Brightening Even Tone Serum also contains Kiwi, which does exactly the same for your skin from the outside.
4. Blemishes: At the other end of the dry spectrum, you may return home with a sprinkle of "spots" emerging across your skin’s surface. The possible culprit? Your sunscreen. Chemical agents inside SPF products coat the skin to defend it against harmful UV rays, resulting in blocked pores. The temptation with breakouts is to try to “dry out” your spots, but this can backfire, sending the skin’s sebum-producing glands into overdrive. So instead, harmonize and hydrate spotty skin with our Hydra-Balance Day Cream, with Meadowsweet oil to regulate sebum production.
5. Dullness: The truth is, if you’re experiencing any of the issues above, your skin isn’t functioning as healthily as it could be. That also means it’s likely to look dull and lackluster. The solution is to exfoliate, smooth and support the skin back to its best. That's as easy as using our Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask. Feel it tingle as the Tri-Enzyme Technology increases cell turnover and the Acerola Cherry boosts the skin’s overall health.