The sun is out, and hopefully here to stay, which means it’s time to get those pins out. Celebrity make-up artist and ELEMIS expert, Kelly Cornwell, shares her step-by-step guide to perfectly smooth, tanned legs:
- Body brushing year-round is key – don’t wait for summer to strike. Brush daily to exfoliate, energise and eliminate toxins.
- Get ready to bare: whatever your preferred method of hair removal make sure limbs are fuzz-free before tanning.
- The most important thing before you self-tan is to exfoliate, especially around the knees to make sure you have an even canvas and no dry patches or the tan won’t develop evenly. Don’t use an oil-based scrub though as oil can repel tan.
- How to apply self-tan properly? Once legs are buffed and polished, apply super hydrating Total Glow Bronzing Body Lotion in place of your usual body lotion. Work from the tops of the legs down to avoid any lines, go slow and sweep lengthways to ensure you apply evenly.
- When you get to the feet and ankles, go light and work the lotion carefully around the heels (a streak hotspot!), into gaps between the toes and also sides of feet to avoid white patches.
- Before going on holiday, prepare your skin with Tan Accelerator. Used every day like a regular body lotion 1-2 weeks before you leave, it moisturises and prepares the skin for the sun by stimulating your natural melanin production. Leaves skin soft, supple and in optimum condition to promote a rich golden tan.
- Don't forget to use SPF to protect your skin when you are actually on holiday.
Ready to get beautifully golden limbs? We've got everything you need: