Maximise the goodness and use our Superfood Facial Oil in multiple ways.
Living as we do, in a culture fascinated by fitness, nutrition, mindfulness, health and well-being, we’re all familiar with the term “superfood”: A food – often a vegetable or fruit – that’s particularly rich in beneficial, health-promoting properties, that we should include in our diets.
Traditionally, experts recommended that we consume 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day. Yet recently, new research has claimed that this is far too conservative – and that really, we may need almost double the intake of nutrient-rich fruit and vegetables.
Which is why ELEMIS decided to put our skin on a healthy diet. Our new Superfood Facial Oil contains not 5, but 9 superfood oils, including Broccoli seed, Poppy seed, Cucumber seed, Macadamia, Rice Bran, Daikon Radish, Rosehip seed, Flax seed and Meadowfoam seed.
Together, they feed the skin with ultra-nutritious elements - from anti-oxidants to vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids - to make it smoother, stronger, more supple and more glowing. In short, it’s skin health in a bottle.
Better still, it can be used in multiple ways. So you’ll always get your 9 a day. Here’s how...
1. As a bedtime booster: Yes, it may sound like we’re stating the obvious, but an oil is a great way to deliver an extra boost of nourishment and hydration to the skin as it goes through its regenerative overnight processes. So apply it after your regular serum – or mix a few drops into a creamy moisturiser and slather it on before you go to bed.
2. As a make-up primer: Many people fear that by using an oil in the morning, their make-up will slide around their face – and they’ll end up looking shiny. Not so – if you use the correct amount. The mistake we often make with oils is to use as much as we would of a cream or a serum. But the richness of oils means we only need around three drops for the whole face. The texture of an oil also naturally invites us to massage it into the face. Take the time to do so and not only will you boost micro-circulation and create an overall lifting effect, but you’ll also ensure that the product is fully absorbed before applying make-up.
3. As a highlighter: If you want to emphasise your cheekbones and create a more chiseled, lifted look, highlighting is a great way to go about it. Instead of using a shimmery highlighter to do so, pat a small amount of oil along the tops of cheekbones to reflect the light and get a radiant glow.
4. As a frizz tamer: Even if your hair is not naturally fizzy, it only takes a humid day or sudden downpour to make most us suffer the same fate. So when frizz strikes, use your fingertips to rub a few drops of oil over sections of the lengths and ends to smooth and condition your hair.
5. As a brow groomer: Brows are big in beauty right now. But to get them groomed and glossy doesn’t require a make-up bag full of tools and tricks. Simply use an old toothbrush to skim a tiny amount of the oil upwards through brows to maintain their shape and shine.
6. As an S.O.S moisturiser: Oils are fantastic for delivering a hit of hydration that works fast – even on very dry skin. So when your cuticles get crusty or your elbows and knees feel rough, massage in the oil each day to get them feeling smooth in no time.
So many superfoods, so many uses. Start getting your 9 a day now…