How to have your healthiest, happiest year yet.
It’s that time of year again. When full of hope and optimism, we plan a path of self-improvement to get fitter, eat better – and generally feel happier. Yet with a minefield of advice out there, it can be hard to decide exactly how to go about it.
Which is why we’ve done the homework for you and devised the ultimate, user-friendly guide to getting the most out of 2016 – inside and out. Over the course of the next five weeks, we’ll have expert tips and grounded advice to maximise your potential in terms of your diet, fitness levels, physical health and emotional wellbeing.
So forget the fads, follow our plan and we’re betting you’ll feel great long before February swings round.
The ELEMIS Best Ever You Plan Part One: Food
To kick-start your energy levels, uplift your mood and fortify your skin, hair and nails, we’re beginning our plan with nutrition – the foundation of health and beauty. Simply follow the five golden rules from the experts at Neat Nutrition, a supplement and protein powder brand founded by two GB swimmers, Lee Forster and Charlie Turner.
1. Set realistic goals: When January rolls around, we all have that tendency to set unachievable goals – then feel disheartened when we naturally fail to attain them. Instead, make yourself some simple promises with regards to eating better then give yourself a real pat on the back when you stick to them.
2. Eat clean: This is a realistic thing to achieve – and it’s easy to implement in your daily diet. The basic premise is to eat whole foods and avoid anything that’s processed. It’s not a diet, just a way of eating smarter and giving your body what it needs without either binging or depriving yourself. In no time at all, you’ll have more energy, your sleep will improve and you’ll find you no longer have those afternoon slumps.
3. Protein rules: The purpose of eating protein isn’t simply to fuel your body after a workout. You can grab a shake anytime! It’s not just your muscles that benefit from it, but every tissue in the body uses protein to rebuild and repair. Hair, skin, and nails are all built from protein; even your body’s immune system – it really is amazing!
4. Go green: ‘Your skin needs nutrients and antioxidants to fight pesky annoyances like free radicals. Our Supergreens Powder gives you an optimum source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In addition, it also helps to reduce stress and fatigue and improve overall wellbeing and vitality’.
5. Marvellous matcha: ‘Matcha is a powerhouse of antioxidants that helps prevent signs of ageing as well as containing catechins, which are lauded for their cancer fighting properties. This wonder powder (made from ground green tea leaves) also promotes fat burning and will help boost your metabolism and assist with digestion. Plus, it’s thought to reduce stress, increase concentration levels and boost your mood. A veritable all-rounder!
Now shop our best body-boosting products to complement your clean eating habits:
|SHOP NOW||SHOP NOW||SHOP NOW|