Noella Gabriel reveals her top tips for career success in beauty…
This month, we’re celebrating super women to coincide with the launch of our Pro-Collagen Super Serum Elixir. And what better way to mark the occasion than an interview with our very own super woman, Noella Gabriel, the Managing Director and mastermind behind product and treatment innovation.
Having played no small part in getting ELEMIS to where it is today, we asked Noella to reveal her top tips for being a successful business woman and kick-starting your dream career – whatever your age.
- When and where were you when you had your light bulb moment for entering the beauty industry?
‘It was around the age of 18 when I developed a curiosity about how the skin and body work together. From a very early age, I was interested in that ‘total’ approach – mind, body, skin – it was an obsession’.
- You opened your first salon in Cork, Ireland. As a new business owner, how did you manage to obtain a work/life balance?
‘I just never really saw it as work. It was a passion, not a nine to five job. The learning was all day, everyday. It was a journey I was on’.
- What does your desk look like…neat freak organised chaos?!
‘Neat! Everything is labelled and in piles. I can’t work in chaos because a creative mind is full of a lot of thoughts so the external has to organised!’
- You studied business. Would you say formal business training is essential for entrepreneurs?
‘No it’s not vital. You have to live your business. Living it is the reality and is very different to the learning’.
- You’re the mastermind behind ELEMIS products and treatments. How do you get new inspiration to keep driving both sides of the brand forward?
‘New active ingredients always excite me. They show me new possibilities – then I look at how that can be developed into a treatment or product. The brand is also on a journey – as the client matures, so too does the brand. As skin needs are ever changing then development needs to constantly evolve in order to excite the customer’.
- What food do you turn to when you need an energy hit?
‘My own super juice recipe that contains Spirulina, apple juice, cucumber and ginger’.
- Do any exercise…?
‘I swim daily, then walk and stretch to clear my mind’.
- What’s your top tip for maximising productivity?
‘Be decisive. Make decisions quickly because indecision is costly, both in terms of money and time. Also, be a good listener’.
- And your mantra for becoming a successful businesswoman?
‘Don’t be afraid to try’.
- What can we expect from ELEMIS in 2016?
‘Bigger and better! BIOTEC skincare launches next spring and will be a key turning point. Its patent-pending technology energises and kick-starts skin. A must for modern day women’.
Got a business idea? Give it a try! Then stock up on Noella’s top seasonal picks to empower your skin too…