Bored of bunches of flowers and chocolate boxes? Treat your mother to something different this year...
1. A styling surprise: We love a present that’s such a treat, buying it for yourself would feel far too self-indulgent. So with this in mind, help her splash out on a brand new wardrobe with the help of an expert by booking her into a personal shopping experience in her favourite store.
2. Perfume playtime: Rather than hazard a guess about what perfume she’d like – or simply top up her signature scent – let her experience the art of blending for herself. For those in or near London, at Jo Loves’ in-store Fragrance Brasserie, you and your mother can play with various scents and build up a selection of ‘Fragrance Tapas’. Bonkers but brilliant, you can expect bath cologne to be heated in a tagine and released via a cloud of scented steam, cleanser to be shaken over ice and strained into a shot glass and lotion whipped and foamed before being swept gently onto your skin with a paintbrush.
3. Make arrangements: You’ve bought her flowers a million times over. So this year, why not book into a floristry class where you can both hone your creative skills surrounded by the scent of beautiful blooms? Here are some ideas for finding classes up and down the UK: The Flower School Brighton, Sabine Darrall, Mood Flowers.
4. On the grapevine: While there’s nothing lovelier than the first sip of a fantastic bottle of wine, most of us reach for the same one over and over again. So have some fun and further your knowledge together with a wine or champagne tasting class. Both Majestic and Roberson Wine hold events across the country.
5. Kick back and relax: No matter what their age or how many children they have, one thing mothers rarely do is relax. Spend some quality time together by booking into our House of ELEMIS Deep Relax treatment package. After a facial of her choice, a Head First Scalp Massage, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release and Best Foot Forward pedicure, she’ll have forgotten her ‘to do’ list altogether. And let’s not forget the mothers of the future. Our Peaceful Pregnancy Face and Body Experience (available nationwide) is performed on a unique ELEMIS beanbag to give her extra support as she gets soothed into a deeply relaxed state that alleviates back tension and water retention.
Now that you’ve got your quality time together planned, complete the treat for your mother on March 6th with our beautiful, Aspinal Collaboration – available exclusively online. Featuring ELEMIS heroes, including the Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, Soothing Apricot Toner, Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream and Skin Nourishing Shower Cream, it also comes with a midnight blue travel wallet and passport holder for her holidays. £175 (worth £267).