Brides Magazine’s Retail Editor and Events Director Arabella Dupont gives us her inside tips and tricks to prep for your big day.
What are the best foods to eat in the run up to your wedding to achieve glowing skin?
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Glowing skin starts with hydration – aim to drink at least 2 litres of water per day.
- Add wild salmon to your diet – the essential omega-3 fatty acids keep skin supple, hair healthy and nails strong.
- Peppery watercress not only contains heaps of vitamins to help boost your immune system, but the sulphur will bring strength and shine to nails.
- Circulation boosting cinnamon is the wonder spice that helps to plump skin and reduce sugar cravings.
- Keep fine lines at bay with a daily dose of blueberries – their phytochemicals (powerful antioxidants) will help sagging and banish toxins.
- Dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa solids) is just the thing to smooth skin and decrease sun sensitivity – really!
- Melon is super hydrating with vitamin C and beta-carotene aiding a dewy complexion.
- Avocado, rich in healthy fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants can do wonders for your skin and hair - it helps to firm and regenerate damaged cells, plus gives gloss to dull, damaged locks.
What would you suggest is the best way to prep for big day beauty?
Start early – if you want to revamp your beauty regime, make sure this isn’t a last minute change. Look at the face and body products you currently use, book in for a skin consultation and organise regular facials well in advance of your wedding to avoid any reactions. Big day beauty is all about the prep – aim to overhaul your diet by reducing sugary, processed foods, increase your intake of water and eat an abundance of rainbow coloured veg, nuts, seeds and fresh fish. Exercise is key – combine cardio to burn fat and tone with yoga to de-stress mind and body.
Find your nearest ELEMIS spa or counter for a skin lab consultation here.
Book in for a series of treatments for both face and body – not only is it a great way escape the pre-wedding prep stress, but it will help you achieve glowing skin for both face and body. I love the ELEMIS BIOTEC Radiance Renew Facial – it helps to energise tired, dull and stressed skin. To redefine and smooth your silhouette, try the ELEMIS Cellutox Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap or Float and ELEMIS Targeted Toning Tightener, available at your local Spa, that uses drainage massage techniques to boost circulation and reduce fluid retention.
In terms of at home treatments my biggest tip for glowing skin is using the ELEMIS Cellulite 3-step programme which combines a body brush, scrub and deliciously scented active body oil to detoxify the body, stimulate circulation and tone skin. Your limbs will literally feel silky smooth in no time.
What do you think are the beauty essentials you need to carry with you on your wedding day for long lasting beauty?
Lip stain/gloss to touch up later in the evening, blotting papers to mattify any excess oil (you want skin dewy not shiny) and bronzing powder to brighten skin and give some warmth. Finally I’d include a smoky sparkle shadow for the eyes to add a touch of drama for dancing into the night.
Knowing all you know about weddings, what would be your dream day?
I actually had the dream day at my husband’s family farm in Dorset with the very classic church, marquee filled with wild blooms, bunting and candles but I would definitely consider a wedding abroad if I had the chance to do it all over. I love the South of France and would host a smaller wedding over a long weekend with different parties, dinners and dancing under the stars. I’d follow this with a honeymoon in Europe – perhaps the Amalfi coast in Italy.